Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things keep going

So I thought with the facebook fast that I would get better at this...but that didn't really happen! The fast is almost over. It ends tonight after Cru! I'm so excited. But i did like this time without it. I got lots of things done and just relaxed more I guess. I also got closer to God which was the goal.

Well let's see what have I done since last time. Oh...I gave my speech and I think it went really well. The teacher said that he liked it and I was very prepared for it in my opinion. Now we have to write a little summary about our speech. We have to watch ourselves give the speech. It totally sucks. I hate to hear my own self talk much less watch it. Thank goodness for headphones!! But in that class we are also starting our next speech which is the oral interpretation. We get to use something that is already written and perform it for the class. I have decided to use the children's story; Hooway for Wodney Wat. It is one of the best children's books ever. I totally love it!

Let's see....we had a cross country meet on Friday night. It was a great one. I loved the course there and I ran a PR that day!! A 21:05. I was shooting for under 21 but it was close. Things with the girls on the team are awesome. I love them. After the meet, I went home for weekend. It was a great weekend. I got to spend time with Jill and Casey and Heather! :) and some of my friends who are still in high school. Then I went to the District Cross meet where i felt like a celebrity. I saw Mr. Honeycutt, Mr. Crawford and the sports editor of the Troy paper and they all recognized me by saying HI! and calling me Trickster. It was totally awesome. And both of the teams made it on so it was good. Then we went to the Silverlake Haunted trail that night with people from mom's work. it was great to just to see mom like that!! :) But it was an awesome weekend!

No comments: