Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Challenges

So last night I went to the weekly meeting of Cru. I just love those because it is just us kids and all the songs are upbeat and I know most of them. But last night, the speaker we had was one of us. She is a senior and she spoke of not appealing your flesh, basically not getting the quick fix to your problems. An example would be, if you lonely don't just go find a boyfriend or girlfriend that you think is going to make you happy, or if you are upset, don't just hop on Facebook and make yourself happy. You should go to God and ask him to help you. So she put this challenge out to us. To go one WHOLE week without Facebook. She said you had the thought that you should do this, then God is totally talking to you, telling you to try it. So, guess what?! I gave up Facebook for the week. This is going to be so hard for me, but I know that I am going to get closer to these girls I am doing it with and closer to God at the same time, which is what I'm going for. So, I think that I am going to get much better at Blogging now because I won't have Facebook to check!! Everyone else pray for me and the other girls doing this. That we might become closer to God and learn how to let him help us through the tough times. It is going to be a challenge but I know I can do it.

On a different note, Andy and I are having a bonfire on Friday and I'm so excited. If you are going to be in town you should totally stop by! I get to see a bunch of my friends that I haven't seen FOREVER it feels like. I'm super excited. Then on Saturday, I going to the district cross country meet to see how the teams do... and then I'm going to watch Becca in her play. I'm going to need a weekend from my weekend. Busy, busy,busy! Plus we have a cross country meet on Friday so that isn't going to help with the tiredness! OH and everyone please think happy thoughts for me around noon today! I'm giving my speech. It's on Marion Jones. I think I'm going to be fine, but you never know.

I can't really think of anything else right now! But you will hear from me soon because NO FACEBOOK for me these week!

No comments: