Huh?...those are wierd words to me. I actually never really thought about college until last school year and this summer. You always hear about those kids who say they are going to school they always "saw" themselves at or always "dreamed" they would go to. That really doesn't make sense to me. I never really had those dreams or thought like that. My dream school I didn't discover till last year and man...am i glad that i did.
I'm at my newly discovered dream school! And i love it. Ok...so now you have a little background i'll let you in all the boring details! :)
Roommate Fun- So everyone wants to find out there roommate. It is the fun (or not so fun) of going to school. Well i waited and waited and waited some more to find our who mine was going to be. I hated the not knowing....all of my friends knew theres and i had no idea. I would go check the mailbox everyday and nothing came. Then vacation came and i tried to forget about it and have a good time while we were gone. When we came back...my roomie had appeared. She told me hello and told me we were roomies on facebook. I was so excited. From all the pictures and all the posts she seemed like a super sweet girl. We talked about move-in and who was bringing stuff and away we went.
Move-in Day- AHH...move-in day had finally come. It was time to leave home for the first time (i know unusal), and venture out into this world. So i was all packed (that took FOREVER) and ready to go. All my things were in the back of dad's truck except some of the smaller more delicate things that were in the back of the car i got to drive (the rental baby!). And we were off into the wild world that is driving to columbus on 70. I'll be honest and tell you that i don't really remember all that much about the drive because i slept through most of it... :]! But we finally get there and things are crazy. There are peolpe everywhere...a see of cars, and luggage, and furniture! It was totall crazy. We get everything uploaded and people help us get all the stuff to the room...then it was time to arrange things and un pack stuff (so much fun....not really when it's august with no a/c!) But things are going and then the roomie walks in and things just get better! She comes in with a smile and hug (and as much stuff as i have!) and things go great. We get everything moved in and then have to go to XC practice for the first time. It was so great to have someone that i know already there with me and not have to make friends on the spot at practice. Well we make it through go through all the rest of the boring move-in stuff...Then it's time for the families to leave! Oh boy! The part that everyone hates. It wasn't that bad but it was good either (let's just leave it at that!) But we made it through.

Me, my Roomie Marissa, and Hannah from the XC team
My side of the room!
College begins- So school starts with a bang and things go great. I know where all my classes are and i can get to all of them with-in 5 minutes! It is great... you could get up right before class starts and not be late! It pretty much rocks! But all of my classes rock...there really isn't that much homework in any of them..i'm an art major so really what could there be :)! I have made friends (or at least someone to talk to) in all of my classes, which is really good for me! I love that i don't have the same class everyday and that you don't have class all day long. I love the breaks in bewteen classes so...if one went bad you can get a break before you have to go to the next one...if you hated the class and it made to angry you can shake it off before you have to go to the next one!
Well that's about it! I'm at work my the battery isn't go last much longer! But i will let you know about XC next time and i will put more pictures on too!

1 comment:
aww Sarie I'm so glad you got a blog!:) Now I can keep up with your busy life!! Love you! Enjoy your time at college, it'll go WAY too fast!
Post a Comment